Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Support your local Bait and Tackle shops

Over the past 10 years people have gone more and more to the major stores and less to the bait and tackle shops. Many bait and tackle shops in Indiana and across the USA have gone out of business due to the glitz and glammer of the major stores. The prices are usually the same but the people and the major fishing tackle companies have forgotten the ones who made fishing the sport that it is today. I personally have tried to get the major manufacturers to list local bait and tackle shops on their websites as authorized retailers of their products. They won't, but they will however list everyone of the major outfitters and retailers in the nation on their websites. Pushing the local bait and tackle shops further and further into bankruptcy. So what I am asking you, is to support your local bait and tackle shops and show that you care about the small mom and pop shops around the country, unlike the manufacturers.

2 comments:

Finland_Bait said...

I do think your right,My shop has been in operation since 1956 , I spent most of my Fishing life cumming here.Now that I own it,I know we get charged more for the same product, Because we cannot buy 20,000 of the same item.We lost 2 Bait Shops in the last 2 years! Send me your card ill post here @ the shop, Thank you for your time, Everette, finlandbait@lakenet.com

Finland_Bait said...

I do think your right,My shop has been in operation since 1956 , I spent most of my Fishing life cumming here.Now that I own it,I know we get charged more for the same product, Because we cannot buy 20,000 of the same item.We lost 2 Bait Shops in the last 2 years! Send me your card ill post here @ the shop, Thank you for your time, Everette, finlandbait@lakenet.com